If you require an operation to treat your problem, Mr McCormack and Mr Hawe are specialists in Minimal Access Surgery for the treatment of heavy periods, ovarian cysts, endometriosis and pelvic pain. Depending on the recommended minimal access treatment these can be performed as an out-patient, day case or inpatient.
They provide a complete range of operative procedures with their expertise in laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery which includes:
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy subtotal and total
- Laparoscopic removal of fibroids (myomectomy)
- Laparoscopic removal ovarian cysts (ovarian cystectomy)
- Prophylactic keyhole surgery to remove ovaries to reduce risk of ovarian cancer
- Keyhole division scar tissue (adhesiolysis) to reduce pelvic pain
- Endometrial Ablation procedures for treatment heavy periods
- Hysteroscopic resection of fibroids and endometrial polyps
- Surgical treatment of advanced endometriosis including use of specialist team to provide a holistic approach to this very complex condition.
Any management is based on evidence-based practice and offers the simplest and most effective treatment that is appropriate. If major surgery is indicated this is performed using minimal access surgery techniques (keyhole) which ensure a speedy recovery with a quicker return to normal activities.